- 【Advanced Design】 Back angle adjustment, adjustable headrest, integral lumbar support and height adjustable cushioned arms give extra relaxation. The...
- 【High Quality Mesh Backrest】 Made of premium and skin-friendly fabric mesh backrest, this ergonomic chair is designed to provide exceptional back...
- 【High Quality】 Made of sturdy nylon, heavy-duty metal base with non-marking durable car wheel, the swivel desk chair are solid and durable. With...
- 【Guaranteed Quality】 With high quality with gas lift and wheels, the explosion-proof base plate with sturdy legs increase the swivel chair's safety and...
- 【Easy to assemble】 With our instruction manual, one person can assemble the computer chair for 15 minutes only. The assembly steps are simple, you only...
Since our 5-best article refers to office chairs, we should make some things clear before presenting our picks.
An office chair is designed for use at a desk in an office – that is, any type of office, be it a minor employee’s, a student’s, or a supervisor. Generally, though, the term is seldom applied to the chairs used by senior executives, and that is the reason we have included just one chair of the sort in our list.
Office chairs are usually equipped with. It is usually a swivel, along with a set of wheels and a mechanism for height adjustment. Based on these criteria, we made our picks for the best office chairs for 2019. At the end of the list, you will also find a small buying guide that can help you out in your decision.
The Langria Mesh Executive Chair is an ideal chair for your office. You will find that you are no longer stiff after a long working day and that your back will feel much better after sitting in this ergonomic chair.
At a Glance
- Colour: Black-1
- Dimensions: 62.5 x 63.5 x 101.5 cm (24.6’’ x 25’’ x 40’’)
- Weight: 10.2 Kg
- Shipping Weight: 11.8 Kilograms
- Capacity: Standard Upgraded
- Made to Last Material:
- constructed with 1 Breathable Mesh and Premium PP Backrest,
- 1 Mesh Upholstered Seat Pan,
- 2 Comfortable Armrests,
- 1 Heavy-Duty Nylon Base with 5 Easy Moving Nylon Castors
- Supporting up to 130kg of Evenly Distributed Weight
- Explosion-Proof Base Plate with Sturdy Legs for more Safety and Stability
- Flexible and Convenient: Fully Adjustable Height with A 360-Degree Swivel, for a Versatile Motion Range;
- Equipped with A Pneumatic Gas Lift System for Easier Height Adjustment
- Tilt with 1 Position Lock, affording a Recline Range from 90° To 110°
- Excellent Ergonomic Design, with Curved Contours Designed for Optimal Lumbar Support and Keeping your Spine Properly Aligned
- Adjustable Tilt Tension Accommodating all Different Size Users
- Meeting BIFMA Standards
Let us start with the assembly chore. It actually turned out to be a breeze: it took roughly 20 minutes to assemble the chair. Note that it comes with side arms which you can leave off if you prefer. An Allen wrench is conveniently provided.
The Langria high back executive mesh swivel chair is primarily designed for providing comfort to the user. Still, its looks are pretty decent too, featuring a nice and appealing ergonomic design that includes a curved backrest with armrests.
Its construction material is excellent – at least for those that set breathability and air circulation as their top option. Aside from the mesh and PP backrest, you get a mesh upholstered seat pan, too nice and comfortable armrests, and a heavy-duty nylon base. It moves on 5 (the standard number in most office chairs) easy moving nylon castors. Design-wise, they stand out mostly for their sturdiness and durability, not so much for their appearance.
This chair is ergonomically designed with a BIFMA certificate which means that it is both safe and comfortable. Wonderful for all body sizes and types.
The chair will hold up to 285 lbs/129kg which is more than most chairs and at no extra cost. This is great for a heavier person but note that the seat itself is a little narrow. If the armrests are fitted, it may add pressure on the legs of a larger person. No problem though, just leave them off if this proves to be the case.
Now, let us see the same characteristics from a functional point of view.
The breathable mesh is Korean and specially designed to allow air circulation around the lower torso, keeping the body cool and dry, whatever the weather or stresses of your job. Indeed, after sitting several hours on it, we never felt sweaty or uncomfortable.
Now, as mentioned, the base of the chair is made from durable nylon with five rolling caster wheels, moving smoothly and without annoying sounds. You will easily move back and forth to various spots of your office area without having to get up from the chair.
The Langria mesh executive chair is designed to support your spine and lumbar region with its curved contours. This feature is very important, allowing you to work without discomfort or back pains for extended periods of time.
Now, when it comes to customising the chair to your body and stature, there are several handy options. You can effortlessly adjust the chair as desired, and it has a 360° swivel with a pneumatic gas lift system to adjust the height of your seat. In addition, the synchro-tilt mechanism allows the chair to support your natural movements. To recline, just unlock it.
The Langria Mesh Executive chair is an excellent choice, especially for those who are a little on the heavy side. It is made for comfort, supports your spine and will last for years. It is inexpensive and a very good buy.
INTEY’s ergonomic mesh office chair has an adjustable headrest and armrest plus lumbar support. Although ideal for everyone, it is especially good for sedentary people.
The chair has a BIFMA/SGS Certification which means it is safe and comfortable.
At a Glance
- Brand: INTEY
- Model Number: NY-Y3
- Multi-Purpose Chair
- Colour: Black
- Weight: 5 Kg
- Dimensions: 75 x 33 x 66 cm (29.5’’ x 13’’ x 26’’)
- Maximum Weight Capacity: 125 Kilograms
- Materials: Mesh and Fabric (PU, sponge, aluminium alloy)
- Weight: 17.5KG
- Inclination angle: 17 degrees
- Lifting height: 10cm
- Upholstered sponge density: 28g / cm³
- Special Features Feature:
- Integral lumbar support
- Back angle, headrest and armrest adjustable
- Passed the test of BFMA /SGS
- 2-Year Warranty
INTEY use professionally certified materials on their chairs, and this one is no exception. This high-end chair is all you need for comfort and support for as long as your office day lasts.
Again, we will start with the assembly, that proved easier than we expected. As soon as we unwrapped the back, we noticed the robust metallic frame and the nice headrest.
Featuring an elegant design, the first thing one notices after assembling the chair is the sturdy 5-star aluminium foot and the curve of the chair, breathing a somehow upscale air. All legs have successfully passed a seemingly crushing hydrostatic testing of 1136 kg, and they proved they can bear the weight of a standard-sized car! The gas rod of the chair, utilising steel rods, has SGS and BIFMA certification, meeting their high standards of construction, performance and durability.
The seat cushion – actually a high-density sponge – succeeds in relieving leg pressure. We found it surprisingly thicker and softer than several other models we tried.
Without a doubt, the headrest is the most inviting feature of all, both visually and functionally. You can adjust its angle and thus make sure that the cervical spine is properly aligned. The thing is that its adjustment might prove a little tricky, which may prove an issue if more than one person is going to use the chair. If you just need for yourself, then you will hardly notice the fact after the assembling the chair and customising for the first time.
The backrest is indeed, as described by the manufacturer, breathable and elastic, fitting the back seamlessly. Combined with the adjustable lumbar support and the (surprisingly wide) armrests, the chair is truly capable of taking the shape of your seated body.
Casters are decently flexible and quiet moving smoothly along the desk even on thin or fitted carpet.
Let us move now to the features. We will overview the same features, but function-wise.
As already mentioned, the backrest is made of a durable, breathable mesh that proved quite refreshing after three hours of writing in front of a desk. The padded sponge and breathable backrest indeed provide ultimate relaxation.
The headrest is adjustable and covered with mesh, as well as soft to the touch. Most important, the headrest is 45-degree rotatable, which can aid in taking off pressure on the body. Even the waist cushion is adjustable with a knob at the back to ensure perfect lumbar support.
The memory sponge backrest is also of breathable material and elastically fitted. The wide armrests are adjustable and made of imitation leather. Under the seat is a knob to adjust the tightness of the back and head cushion. If you are feeling tired, just adjust it and have a little rest. The tilt function is pneumatically controlled to raise or lower your seat to relieve any pressure on the spine.
Naturally, the chair is height adjustable with a lever under the seat which rotates to 360° so that you can find the perfect position.
As mentioned, the wheel casters are quiet and flexible, even in less smooth surfaces.
We should also mention that INTEY offers a 2-year warranty to all of the buyers, starting from the date of purchase.
You get what you pay for, and the INTEY ergonomic office mesh chair is well worth the price for extra comfort and support. You certainly won’t regret buying this chair.
The Ej. Life ergonomic high back mesh office desk chair has embedded lumbar support, and the adjustable headrest will relieve any pressure on your spine.
At a Glance
- Brand: Ej.Life
- Colour: Black
- Weight: 17.9 Kg
- Dimensions: 70.2 x 66 x 33 cm (27.6’’ x 26’’ x 13’’)
- Material: Nylon
- Special Features:
- Ergonomic Headrest – Adjustable (Up and Down, Rotating), for Minimising Neck Fatigue for Sedentary People
- Adjustable Swivel
- 3 Position Tilt and Lock Backrest
- Adjustable Lumbar Support, Relieving Tension in The Lower Back, Preventing Long Term Strain
- Ventilated Mesh Back Desk Chair – Fully Breathable, Durable
- Contoured Backrest Design
- Soft Mesh Padded Seat
- 3 Months ‘Money Back’ Guarantee
This ergonomic office chair is made for perfect comfort and support with its three tilting positions for complete lumbar support.
We did not have any major issues with the assembly – just some screws that were a bit hard to fit.
The overall design is a bit more ‘strict’ than the ones we already saw, with much less dramatic curves and straight hard armrests covered with contoured pads. The classic black and grey combo worked well for the sobering looks the manufacturer wished for this chair.
Note, though, that the chair is a bit large, hence not suitable for thin people. On the other hand, tall and heavy workers will love it.
The mesh is impressively durable and elastic; you will easily see that the moment you touch it and press it with your hand. The headrest is equipped with a stiff cushion, which is ideal for keeping the head in the right position (rather than resting it). It is made of breathable polyester to keep you cool at all times.
The metallic foot is convincingly sturdy, opening in five branches holding the castors. As you will see, they roll smoothly and silently.
The first thing we should comment on about the Ej.Life is its ergonomic high back mesh office chair that will hug your lower back comfortably and avert or relieve any back pain and stress.
The headrest can be adjusted up, down and also rotate to relieve neck fatigue, especially good for those sitting at work for long periods of time. The high back design proved perfect for resting your neck and back. It helps in alleviating the stress and tension out of your day by providing that extra bit of comfort and relaxation.
The Ej.Life chair has an impressive wide recline angle, from 90° until 120°, affording ultimate relaxation whenever required. Bear in mind that it has three tilting positions plus a lock backrest, which will prove very handy if you want to rest for a few minutes without leaving your desk.
Last, we have the armrests, that provide excellent arm support and add some comfort. We would like them a bit softer, but still, they work perfectly in aligning them with your keyboard.
Keep in mind that the Ej. Life Ergonomic High Back Office Chair also comes with a 3-month money back guarantee.
We highly recommend this chair for comfort and sturdiness, and it isn’t expensive. It is a great buy, and your neck and back will really appreciate it.
The IntimaTe WM high back padded office chair is a luxurious item which offers excellent comfort to your working day. Designed to win your heart the very moment you cast your eye over its splendid curves, it is easily sneaked through our 5-best office chairs list.
At a Glance
- Brand: IntimaTe WM Heart
- Model Number: 1O-E4HC-RZ9U5
- Colour: Black
- Weight: 13.6 Kg
- Dimensions: 74.2 x 64.6 x 30.8 cm (29.2’’ x 25.4’’ x 12.1’’)
- Material: Sponge and Net Cloth
- The Silver Coated Armrests Are Made of Plastic.
- Overall Height: 118 – 127.5 Cm (46.4’’ – 50.2’’)
- Backrest Height: 75 Cm (29.5’’)
- Seat Height: 45 – 54.5 Cm (17.7’’ x 21.4’’)
- Distance Between Armrests: 48.5 Cm (19.1’’)
- Armrest height (max distance between armrest and cushion): 20.5 cm
- Seat depth: 50 cm
- Bottom diameter: 70 cm
- Item weight: 13.8 kg
- Weight capacity: 136 kg
- Assembly Required: Yes
- Plastic Injection Moulding Back Frame
- 360 Swivel Castors
- Adjustable and Locked Upright Height
- Tilt Function Without Backward Locking
- Good Mesh Back Ventilation
- Premium Fabric Mesh Backrest for Better Air Circulation All Year Round, Preventing the Accumulation of Body Heat and Moisture
- Correcting Bad Postures:
- Clinging to the Chair Back, Back Support by a Stretchy yet Strong Lumbar and Curved Back
- Foldable Armrests, Keeping the Keyboard as Close to Your Chest as Possible, Regardless of the Height of the Desk or Keyboard Support
The design of this ergonomic chair is professionally sleek and efficient. It is designed for comfort, its silver armrests are plastic, and the chair itself is black, without proving short look-wise.
Having the headrest attached to the back, a wide-hole mesh and an added support around the lower spine, its most winning design feature is its foldable armrests, slightly contoured and extra padded for maximum comfort. The high back design is wonderful for relaxing your back and neck which reduces the stresses of your working day.
The base of the armrests is metallic and robust, easily withstanding the weight of the hands, or even your monetary pushes when you want to change your sitting. Taller men have made some complaints about the headrest, finding it too low.
Seat cushion is decent, fluffy and comfortable. The column with the height adjusting mechanism end in a metallic base and five castors, which, unfortunately, do not roll as smoothly as we wished them to do. Still, you can always replace them.
We would also prefer the metallic base to be of stainless steel, but still ok.
The IntimaTe WM heart ergonomic mesh high back padded office chair has breathable mesh on the back to keep you dry and cool in the summer. The flexible mesh hugs your back for extra support and comfort.
The waterfall front of the edge of the seat will remove pressure from the legs and improve circulation. It also has a synchro-tilt mechanism, pneumatic seat height adjustment and tilt tension. The chair swivels easily to 360°. The caster wheels, as mentioned, are hard but you can replace them.
Now, the warranty is an issue with this one, since we have found different terms in some retailers. Just make sure you read and understand the terms before making your purchase.
If you are not extra tall, this is an ideal chair which isn’t too expensive, is efficient, comfortable and functional.
Last, we thought it proper to include an executive office chair. We made our selection based on the quality-price ratio and came up with the Cherry Tree Furniture Recline Extra Padded Office chair.
This is the ultimate executive reclining chair with 6-point multi-function vibration massage with a controller. Massages upper back, lower back, thighs and bottom, as well as multiple levels of massage intensity. Let us dig a little deeper….
At a Glance
- Colour: Black
- Weight: 19 Kg
- Dimensions: 70 x 60 x 120 cm (27.5’’ x 23.6’’ x 47.2’’)
- Seat Back Height: 75 Cm (29.5’’)
- Seat Back Width: 53 Cm (20.8’’)
- Seat Base Width: 55 Cm (21.6’’)
- Seat Base Depth: 53cm (20.8’’)
- Seat Height Floor to Top of Seat Back (Adjustable): 112 Cm to 122 Cm (44.1’’ – 48’’)
- Seat Depth X Seat Width: 50 x 50 Cm (19.6’’ x 19.6’’)
- Shipping Weight: 19.5 Kilograms
- Primary Covering Material: Faux Leather
- Material Composition: PU Leather Upholstery with Soft Padding for Superior Comfort
- Height Adjustable with Reclining Function
- Seat Back Adjustable and Locked in Tilted Position
- Strong Casters with 360-Degree Swivel Capability
- 6-Point Multi-Function Vibration Massage Chair with Controller
- Massages Upper Back, Lower Back and Thighs/Bottom
- Multiple Levels of Massage Intensity
- Comes with Wired Controller for The Massage Function.
The assembly is a bit tricky, and the instructions have to be read and followed very carefully – and creatively in some points! As soon as you got it ready though, the fun and joy of sitting on it begin.
The Cherry Tree executive recline extra padded office chair is made of soft PU leather black upholstery, with soft padding for supreme comfort. The PU leather is attractive to look at, and the soft padding provides ultimate and luxurious comfort.
If nothing else, the chair is aptly named! A mere glance at it and the ‘extra padded’ part instantly makes sense. Featuring a nice glossy black hue, foldable armrests, a metallic leg and five nice-working castors, it easily conveys the message of comfort combined with durability and sturdy construction. The plastic parts could use a better finish, but nothing it would dissuade us from buying it!
This chair is height adjustable, with the reclining function. The seat back can be adjusted and locked into a tilted position.
The best thing about it, of course, is the massage deal. The 6-point vibration massage comes with a controller for the intensity of the massage. The control system responds quickly, and the massage itself is… hardly described with words. Reinvigorating, rejuvenating, you name it… It is just great!
The caster wheels are robust and nice-looking, with a 360° swivel capability.
The Cherry Tree reclining executive chair is a great bargain, especially with the massaging function. It is sturdy and supremely comfortable. We recommend it highly. A truly executive type of chair.
A Concise Office Chair Buying Guide
For people working in front of an office, an ergonomic office chair is not a luxury, but an essential tool of their job. In fact, it is an investment – which returns a profit in terms of productivity, health and wellness.
Despite the vast range of available office chairs out there, there are surprisingly few manufacturers that actually devote time and effort to design models that provide adequate support and protection to the body. In addition to that, finding an office chair that combines ergonomics, durability, sturdy materials and affordable price is far from a breeze! There are literally hundreds of ergonomic office chair brands with all sorts of substantial or fancy features – and picking the one meeting your needs can be tricky if you don’t know the basics.
Aside from our handy 5-best list, you may also find the following tips and hints pretty handy. They include the most important specifications and features you should certainly consider before picking your next office chair.
The first thing you should check when considering to buy an office chair is the primary construction material. We are not referring to the plastic and metal parts – these are pretty standard. Most important is the material covering the seat itself.
The materials usually used for the sea are, basically three:
- Being breathable and allowing the air to circulate around the back, the mesh is ideal for people that tend to get hot easily and sweat around their back. With the air conditioning or fan of the office, this sweat can cause severe aches to the back and diminish the user’s productivity.
- Fabrics used in office chairs are usually rather sturdy and durable and keep the price low. Still, they block the air and raise the heat around the back. If you get sweaty, this could be an issue.
- The leather is much classier, stylish and comfortable, and, in most cases, quite durable. It is more expensive though and heat, again, will be an issue.
Next thing you need to focus on is the reclining mechanism. It is simply essential for people working many hours in front of a desk, allowing the sue to stretch his legs and back frequently without getting off the chair. On top of that, experts insist that a slightly reclined position is far preferable for employees sitting for several hours, keeping their back, arms, and legs at optimal alignment.
So, make sure your chair has a reclining mechanism – check if they can also be locked at a certain angle.
Height Adjustment Mechanism
Next in line is the height adjustment mechanisms. This feature allows you to tailor the chair to your stature and build – which is crucial if you wish to avoid back-aches after the first half an hour of working in front of the desk.
Check if your chair has a height adjusting mechanism, and see if you can check its two extreme positions, to make sure you will get an optimal fit. This is even more important if the chair will be used by more than one persons.
Check also if the chair has adjustable armrests. They are not as important as the other features mentioned above, but they can be really handy and helpful, especially if you do much writing on the keyboard. By adjusting the position of the armrests, or even by removing them altogether, you gain full control over the ergonomics of your office chair.
When we talk about the lumbar region, we actually refer to the lower torso and lower spine, especially the vertebrae that curve and join the pelvis. This area is actually the vase of our body when we sit, supporting all the weight of the torso and the upper limbs and taking a great amount of pressure – especially in cases of overweight people.
Naturally, the better the lumbar support of an office chair, the more comfortable it is, and easier for the user to remain sited for extended periods of time. Often, a sophisticated lumbar support system raises the price a bit – but, in our opinion, it is certainly worth it.
Last but not least, you need to consider the warranty’s length and terms. Office chairs are expected to be used on a daily basis, for many hours, often by numerous people of varying weight, that will move, often violently while sitting on it. If sturdy construction is important, having a decent warranty covering you in cases of flaws and weaknesses is of the essence.
So, make sure that your new office chair comes with a proper warranty, guaranteeing that you will get a refund or a replacement in case the chair falls short of its promises in any given way.
Last Updated on