5 Best Wine Coolers/Refrigerators in the UK
Our Pick for September
- Modern design wine cooler with glass door.
- UV glass for solar radiation protection and internal LED light.
- With digital temperature control from 5ºC to 18ºC.
- Low noise functionality 42dB(A).
- 2-year Manufacturer's Warranty
Table of Contents
- Kalamera KR-21ASSE
- Russell Hobbs RHBI7WC1 7
- Klarstein Bellevin Wine Fridge
- The Best Choice – CDA FWC624SS Wine Cooler
- Value for Money – Inventor Vino IW24BL-BS Wine Cooler
Top 3 Best-Sellers right now
- Chills wine within 5 minutes and keeps it cold for hours - without the need for a refrigerator or ice bucket
- Sleeve is ready for application to the outside of a wine bottle after 6 hours or more in a freezer
- Cooler will lie flat when in the freezer (requires minimal space)
- Flexible and virtually unbreakable - will tolerate regular and prolonged usage
- Lightweight and easy to transport for use at parties, picnics, barbecues, on holiday etc
- Modelled on the incredibly popular CWC300BK, Cookology have developed an all glass fronted wine cooler, making it even slicker and more beautiful but...
- The LED lighting bathes the bottles in bright, cool light and contrasts the red display for the controls and display. The shelves are made from Beech wood...
- This wine cooler can be left as freestanding or it will fit underneath your kitchen worktop and the door hinges are designed so you can place it next to...
- The CWC301BK features a keylock - if the controls don't work you may have locked the controls. Please Press the Light and Power button together for 3...
- IMPORTANT NOTES: Please leave the wine cooler to stand in situ before turning it on so the gases can settle and please note this is a wine cooler - it...
- Avoid the disappointment of lukewarm wines and condensation rings, using BarCraft's elegantly simple acrylic iceless wine cooler
- Double-layered insulation: Ingenious design traps cold from a pre-chilled bottle, maintaining It's optimum temperature for up to 1½ hours
- For occasional and everyday use: Smart chrome-effect detailing combines with durable transparent sides, showcasing any wine ideally
- Standing at 23 cm (9 Inch) tall and 12 cm (4½ Inch) wide, the chiller easily accommodates most white, red, rosé or sparkling wine bottles
- Gift-boxed: The cooler makes a delightful gift for any wine lover, strong, durable, easy to clean - and all with a 12 month manufacturers guarantee
Starting our list of 5 Best wine Coolers, we have the Kalamera KR-21ASSE. Equipped with 7 removable beech wooden wine racks, it is ideal for custom storage and easy wine selecting. Let’s check out its most important features.
At a Glance
- Brand: Kalamera
- Model: SC-21A
- Part Number: KR-21ASSE
- Weight: 20.4 Kg
- Dimensions: 34 x 51 x 84 cm
- Capacity: 60 litres
- Maximum Number of Bottles: 21 (750ml each, of Max. Height 31 cm)
- Climate Classification: SN-N
- Noise Level: 38 dB (Low Noise)
- Form Factor: Freestanding
- Colour: Black
- Voltage: 230 volts / 50 Hz
- Wattage: 140 watts
- Number of Vents: 2
- Defrost System: Frost free
- Door Orientation: Right
- Door Material: Stainless Steel Door
- Lighting: LED
- Shelf Type: Beech Wooden Shelf
- Number of Shelves: 7
- Power: 140 Watts
- Certification: GS, CE
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year (Just on Parts)
- Special Features:
- Digital controls – Temperature Adjustment
- Convenient Dual Zone System (for Red and White Wine)
- Temperature for each zone individually adjustable:
- Upper-Temperature Zone 6 Bottles Of 7 ° -18 ° C
- Lower Temperature Zone 15 Bottles 10 ° -18 ° C
- Blue Led Actual Temperature Display Per Zone
- Removable Wooden Storage Shelves
- Stainless Steel Door with Glass Insert
- Glass, heavy-Duty, Insulated Door & Internal Light for Viewing Without Opening the Door
At first glance, the Kalamera KR-21ASSE stands out for its stylish design, stainless steel door and handle. It is a freestanding unit, which allows you to place it wherever it suits your needs. It can also be used as a built-in appliance. Its dimensions make transport and placement rather easy, being no more than 82 cm tall, and 51 cm wide, with a depth of just 34 cm and an overall weight of less than 20,5 kg.
Its door, made of heavy-duty and fully insulated glass, preserves interior temperature and enables you to check your bottles of wines without having to open the door and disturb the temperature inside.
The interior LED light is very handy, illuminating adequately the whole wine collection. It can be easily activated and deactivated in cases you wish to be more discreet. Capable of storing up to 21 standard-sized bottles, this wine cooler is equipped with seven slide-out beech wood bottle racks that slide in and out easily and afford easy access to the user.
Naturally, and that is something you must keep in mind with all our picks, the number of bottles mentioned by the manufacturer is, at best, an optimistic estimation, based on a standard slim bottle cut. Wine comes in very different bottles, which means you will probably be able to store fewer bottles inside than claimed by the manufacturer.
Another great feature is Kalamera’s excellent digital controls, enabling you to set and readjust the temperature at will and effortlessly, thus ensuring proper chilling for any type of wine. In addition to that, you get two separate temperature zones, one for red and another for white wine, of different capacity – 6 and 15 respectively. Their clever design intents on storing white wines at the bottom, with a temperature, range of 10 – 18 degrees ° C, whereas red wines can be stored on top, with a temperature range of 7 – 18 degrees ° C. The digital temperature display is easy to read and makes accurate temperature control easier than ever. There have been some complaints that temperature variations on the top do not drop as low as stated, but we didn’t notice anything of the sort.
With a wattage of 140 Watts, Kalamera has integrated an innovative thermoelectric cooling technology that ensures almost silent operation measured at just 38dB, with zero vibrations. This is very important in small apartments or houses where the unit will be placed near the bedroom or the office.
Kalamera KR-21ASSE comes with a manual, including practical tips on proper temperature settings for both zones. Note that the manufacturer’s warranty covers just the parts, not the whole unit.
The Kalamera KR-21ASSE wine refrigerator allows you to store around 20 bottles and features a dual temperature design that allows you to chill white and red wines in different temperatures. Elegant, stylish, with several well-studied features and very quiet, it will meet your needs at a reasonable, if not economical, price.
2. Russell Hobbs RHBI7WC1 7-Bottle Digital Wine Cooler
Russell Hobbs is considered the leading manufacturer of household appliances in the UK, and its RHBI7WC1 7-Bottle Digital Wine cooler lives up to the firm’s reputation for excellent design and performance. Standing out for its sleek looks and excellent features, it is ideal for the needs of a small personal wine collection.
At a Glance
- Brand: Russell Hobbs
- Model Number: RHBI7WC1
- Weight: 20.9 Kg
- Product dimensions (CMs): (H) 87.2 x (W) 14.8 x (D) 52.5
- Aperture dimensions (CMs): (H) 87.5 x (W) 15.5 x (D) 57.0
- Colour: Black Glass
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Installation Method: Built-In
- Sound Level: 39 dB
- Energy Efficiency performance rating: B
- Energy consumption: 182 kWh/ye
- Net Capacity: 22 Litres – 7 bottles of Standard Size
- Special Features:
- Reversible door
- Adjustable Thermostat and Feet
Featuring an elegant design, with its stylish black glass catching attention the moment you cast your eyes over it, the RHBI7WC1 wine cooler can be placed either as built-in or a freestanding unit, affording you flexibility and meeting your needs regardless of your kitchen’s layout. Other handy features have been added to ensure a perfect fit, like the reversible feet and adjustable door.
With a capacity of no more than 22 litres, which translates in 7 standard-sized bottles of wine. Unfortunately, it cannot hold the classic bulky design of most Champaign bottles, in an obvious effort to keep its dimensions as slim as possible. There are six chrome shelves, each for one bottle, designed to hold them securely in position. True, you can find much larger wine coolers in our list, but why do so if you don’t need something bigger? Designed to chill and store safely as small wine collection, its dimensions, weight and price are perfect for a selective wine buff living in a small apartment or having minimum free space in his or her kitchen.
Boasting low energy consumption (surprisingly low for its performance), the RHBI7WC1 has a B grade energy efficiency rating, reassuring you that your thirst for properly chilled wine will not burden your energy bills. If you worry about noise, its certified 39 dB guarantee that even you place it outside your bedroom door you will have no problem at all sleeping at night.
Temperature controls are pretty straightforward too. Use the corresponding buttons to adjust it and you’re your favourite wine at optimum temperature at all times.
True, for a capacity of just 7 bottles you can find something cheaper, but none will prove as efficient and energy-effective as the RHBI7WC1. Combining straightforward temperature controls, elegant style and thoughtful construction, it is indeed an excellent option for a small wine collection.
Famed for its commitment to environmentally-friendly appliances, Klarstein did not let us down with its Bellevin wine cellar. With a storing capacity of up to 16 standard-sized bottles (overall 45 litres), several removable metal drawers, it boasts numerous handy features and two independent cooling zones. Let’s take a closer look.
At a Glance
- Brand: Klarstein
- Model Number: HEA6-Bellevin
- Colour: Black
- Design: Thermoelectrical
- Mounting: Freestanding
- Weight: 15.5 Kg
- 2 x 83 x 51.5 cm (W x H x D)
- Interior dimensions: 18.5 x 32.5 cm (W x D)
- Drawer: 19.2 x 29.2 cm (W x D)
- Cable length: 1.70 m
- Capacity: 45 litres – 16 Bottles of Standard Size
- Power / Wattage: 100 watts
- Annual Energy Consumption: 185 kWh
- Material: Glass
- Energy Efficiency Class: B
- Power: 100 Watts
- Power supply: AC 220-240V, 50 Hz
- Special Features:
- Six Removable Metal Inserts
- Switchable Led Interior Lighting
- Double Insulated Glass Front with LCD Display Including Temperature Display and Touch-Sensitive Touch Control Section
- Two Programmable Cooling Zones for Different Types of Wine
- Temperature Range 12 – 18 ° C (Upper Zone)
- Temperature Range 8 – 18 ° C (Lower Zone)
- Ambient Temperature Range: 10 – 32 ° C
- Cable storage
- Height-Adjustable Feet
- Quiet Operation
- Easy to Clean
- Included in the Package: an English user manual (also in German, French, Italian, Spanish)
Elegantly designed, with a distinctive sleek and shiny gloss black finish, the Bellevin wine cooler has a clear double-insulated glass just for the upper storage zone, allowing easy viewing without having to open the door and disturb interior temperature. It will certainly mark an upgrade in your kitchen with its stylish, modern looks, placed wherever suits you best since it is designed as a freestanding unit.
You could use it also as a built-in one, but we would not recommend it, because of its cooling device, which needs ample airflow for heat venting. Before starting to scowl, note that its cooling system is a major reason behind its impressively low energy consumption.
The installation couldn’t be simpler since it requires zero technical skills or special tools. Just take it out of the box and plug it in. Before setting the temperature for each of the two temperature zones, read the manual – it has several practical tips.
Energy consumption has always been a critical parameter for all Klarstein models – and Bellevin is no exception. Despite its impressive performance, it consumes merely 185 kilowatts per year, ranking among the most energy-efficient wine coolers available today.
Another great advantage of the Bellevin is its great capacity for its dimensions. Klarstein has managed to afford more than a 1.5-cubic feet capacity in a wine fridge of relatively small dimensions, allowing you to store 16 standard-sized bottles, amounting to 45 litres of wine. Such storage capacities are usually seen in much bulkier fridges. Bellevin’s compact design allows you to find numerous spots to place it your kitchen or bar area, saving valuable space. Note though that having the fridge fully loaded with bottles with oversized corks may cause some issues with proper door sealing – but how possible can that be? Using a different cork in one of these bottles will instantly resolve any issue you may have.
Bellevin is designed with two equally sized zones, one for whites and one for reds. Six removable metal shelves make access and cleaning very easy, whilst their clever design raises the bottles upright when removed from the fridge.
Still, the most important trait is Bellevin’s ability to preserve each bottle of stored wine cooled at the optimum temperature – which is very difficult when you have wines of different nature in the same fridge. The cleverly designed temperature-controlled zones enable you to do exactly that: the upper zone can be programmed to store wine from 12 – 18 ° C, and the lower one from 8 – 18 ° C; note the range of programmable temperatures, which affords the user the best possible control over his or her wine collection, regardless of the climate and humidity of the surrounding environment.
As to its use, Bellevin is equipped with a nice and handy LCD touchscreen system, making menu navigation and temperature setting a breeze. Bear in mind that the interior LED lighting of the upper zone can be deactivated if you think you don’t need it or wish to be more discreet during the night.
Last, hands down Klarstein’ s Bellevin is one of the quietest wine coolers we have tested, allowing you to place it wherever it suits you inside the house, without worrying about annoying noises during your sleep or study. Measured at just 38 dB, Bellevin is barely noticed during operation, even at its lowest settings.
Boasting such an impressive array of thoughtful features, clever design, large capacity and slim dimensions, Klarstein’ s Bellevin will cater to your wine storing needs with efficiency, style and low energy consumption!
4. CDA FWC624SS Wine Cooler – The Best Choice
We arrive at the big fellow in our list, the CDA FWC624SS wine cooler, with a nominal capacity of 40 bottles and an impressive number of features. Designed for big household wine collections, it is by default heavy and big, but this shouldn’t be an issue for someone who wishes to store so many bottles in a single wine fridge. Take a gander.
At a Glance
- Brand: CDA Products
- Model Number: FWC624SS
- Dimensions: 57 x 59.5 x 82 cm
- Colour: Stainless Steel
- Capacity: 40 Bottles of Standard-Size
- Exterior Colour Of Cabinet: Black
- Interior Colour Of Cabinet: Black
- Number of Shelves: 11 Wooden Slide-Out Shelves
- Material Type: Stainless Steel
- Energy Efficiency Rating: B
- Annual Energy Consumption: 190 Kilowatt Hours
- Climate Classification: ST
- Noise Level: 40 dB
- Installation Type: Freestanding
- Special Features:
- Red Digital Display
- Triple Glazed UV-Protective Smoked Toughened Glass Doors
- Pair of Humidifiers Preserving 50-80% RH
- Dual Temperature Storage Zones with Electronic Temperature Control
- Temperature Memory Function
- 2 X .3W White LED Interior Light
- Over Temperature Alarm
- Height Adjustable Plinth Section
- Black Plinth
- Manufacturer Warranty: Free 5 Year Parts & 2 Years Labour Warranty
As already mentioned in our introduction, the CDA FWC624SS was designed primarily for households, or even small bistros and restaurants, so we take for granted that its size and dimensions are pros for the potential buyer. Freestanding, as it should be for a wine cooler of such dimensions, one of its most impressive characteristics is its low energy consumption – just 190 kilowatts per hour annually, which is pretty awesome for so big an appliance.
Made of sturdy stainless steel, it has eleven wooden slide-out shelves, making bottle storing and removing very easy.
With a capacity of 40 bottles, you can never be out of options. some have complained that its actual capacity is 38 to 39 bottles, and that is partly true if you stack your fridge just with standard-sized bottles. But a couple of them are a bit smaller, you can fit the 40 promised from the manufacturer, provided the corks do not protrude for more than 2 cm. Naturally, if you store several Champaign bottles, the overall capacity will be much lower.
Divided into two equally sized vertical zones, with distinct temperature settings, it will safely store and chill your wine at proper temperatures, affording you maximum control over your wine collection. Temperature control is electronic and easy to set and change at will. The appliance is very responsive too. We tried several temperature changes and checked to see how quickly the fridge reached the new temperature setting – it was really impressive. The integrated humidity control technology also helps in preserving a 50 – 80% RH – ideal for old or really sensitive wine at optimum condition.
Despite its performance and might, its noise levels remain surprisingly low – amounting just to 40 dB, slightly more than much smaller wine coolers.
Another great addition is the triple glazed UV-protective smoked toughened glass doors, shielding your wine collection from both the sunlight and the internal light in your kitchen or cellar. It also makes the whole fridge look more stylish.
Other great features include a red digital display, facilitating control temperature, a temperature memory function, for easier setting configuration, a pair of white LED interior lights for better viewing, as well as a handy over temperature alarm, ensuring your wine collection is stored safely at all times.
Last, we should mention the rather favourable warranty terms offered by the manufacturer, covering all parts for five years. You also get a two-year labour coverage. Just remember to register your purchase with the manufacturer within 28 days from the purchase to validate a possible claim.
The CDA FWC624SS is massive home wine cooler, easily storing a large wine collection, without depriving you of the accurate temperature and humidity control your selected wines need to remain in excellent condition until they are served. Reasonably priced and with all the bells and whistles we would expect by a semi-professional wine cooler, it will certainly meet your needs, provided you have ample space in your kitchen or cellar.
5. Inventor Vino IW24BL-BS Wine Cooler – Value for Money
Inventor’s Wine Cooler IW24BL-BS (also suitable for beer bottles) concludes our list of the five best wine coolers for 2019. Designed to preserve a 24-bottle wine collection at pristine condition, it can easily meet the needs of a household, a small bistro or even an office, measuring just 64.2 x 48.0 x 44.0 cm, but making the most of its inner storage capacity. Let’s take a closer look.
At a Glance
- Brand: Inventor
- Model Number: IW24BL-BS
- Weight: 24.6 Kg
- Dimensions: (W) 48 x (D) 44 x (H) 64.2 cm
- Efficiency (7 classes): A
- Annual Energy Consumption: 138 kWh
- Total Capacity: 24 Standard-Sized Bottles – 66 litres
- Noise Level: 42 dB
- Installation Type: Freestanding
- Special Features:
- Digital temperature control from 5oC to 18oC
- UV glass for solar radiation protection and internal LED light
- Colour: Black
- Warranty: 2 Years Inventor Manufacturer Warranty
- Package Contains:
- Vino Wine cooler
- Humidity tray for special types of wine
- 4 shelves for 5 wine bottles storing/ per shelf
Inventor Appliances needs no introduction. Widely known for its dedication to perfection, and sturdy yet elegant designs, it presents the IW24BL-BS as the ultimate wine chilling solution for wine buffs who seek an energy-efficient, quiet and medium sized fridge in their kitchen top.
The appliance needs no special installation. Freestanding and lightweight, it allows you to fit it nicely on your kitchen top.
Featuring Inventor’s classic stylish yet robust design, IW24BL-BS’ main advantage is compact size but large capacity, amounting to 24 bottles and 66 litres. As always, the 24 bottles claim is at best very optimistic, taking for granted that all bottles have exactly the same cut. Better take it down a notch, estimating around 22 bottles of standard size.
Its interior has 4 shelves of 5 wine bottles per shelf, along with a basket for assorted bottles and cans. Protecting it from sunlight and interior lighting, its UV glass door allows you to check your wines without opening it. The best touch of all, the blue led lighting, giving a highly aesthetic atmospheric touch to your counter. Needless to say, you can switch it off whenever you want.
As to temperature control, the digital display panel and external digital temperature control, with a range of 5 o C to 18 o C make things pretty straightforward for you – just adjust the temperature, easily and precisely, by touching its highly responsive buttons. As with all our picks, the IW24BL-BS has dual temperature zone, with the upper one reserved for the highest temperatures, and the lower zone for the coolest. Thus, you can keep your whites and reds at the ideal temperature in the same appliance.
Equipped with a cleverly designed desiccation filter, the IW24BL-BS preserves humidity at optimum level, protecting the wine’s taste and sensitive aromas. Inside the package, you will also find a nice humidity tray for special types of wine.
IW24BL-BS probably is the most energy-efficient wine cooler in its category, consuming less than 138 kWh per year. As to noise, our measurements reaffirmed the manufacturer’s claim for 42 dB. It is not the quietest of our picks, but it would be a gross exaggeration if someone called it ‘noisy’.
Designed to combine high aesthetics with low energy consumption and functionality, Inventor’s IW24BL-BS 66-litre wine cooler will keep your whites and reds at proper temperatures, sealing their aromas and fine taste by keeping humidity at optimum level. A bit noisier than our previous picks, it compensates you with its low energy consumption.
Last Updated on